Why study BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science?
- Study strategies of research, new discoveries and principles of new technologies for more effective analysis and precise interpretations of health and disease
- Understand the theories, concepts and principles relevant to different disciplines in biomedical sciences as well as the wider application of these to address societal needs
- Develop skills to evaluate scientific literature to understand how evidence-based decisions are made in biomedical sciences and how to conduct your own biomedical science research
- Complete a 30-week placement in year three to experience some essential and fascinating insights for your future career
- Explore different techniques for developing medicines and how they are used to treat illness in the human body in our new state-of-the-art laboratory facilities.
Foundation Year: We have a Foundation Year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the scientific skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the Foundation Year, you will progress to the full degree.
Career opportunities in Biomedical Science
Biomedical science is a rapidly growing area of study and graduates are highly sought after by a diverse range of organisations, not only medical, but those involved in other scientific and related technical research and development.
We expect most of our graduates will want to progress their particular area of interest, either by making an original contribution to knowledge in their field by further postgraduate study, or by working in a diagnostic, pharmaceutical or research organisation.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2022, September 2023
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time, or 4 years with a minimum 30-week placement. 6 years part-time, or 8 years with a minimum 30-week placement. Foundation Year: 4 years full-time or 5 years with 30-week placement.
All subjects considered
For September 2022 and September 2023 entry: 104 - 120 tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation Year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information check out our full entry requirements.