Why study BSc (Hons) Forensic Science?
- Taught by professional practitioners and guest speakers who are experts in their respective fields, including forensic DNA profiling, crime scene investigation and forensic toxicology
- You will be taught in contemporary lecture halls and state-of-the-art labs where you’ll use cutting-edge equipment
- Take part in invaluable lab and fieldwork experience, including mock crime scenes and a live-fire exercise
- Provided with theoretical and practical training covering crime scene science, toxicology, chemistry and molecular biology
- Gain valuable work experience on your placement if you choose to take one and springboard into a career as a forensic investigator post-graduation
- You'll be career-ready, with 88% of forensic science graduates in employment or further study after 15 months.
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the scientific skills required for Forensic Science, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree.If you apply to study the full degree and do not meet the academic entry requirements, our admissions team may consider your application for the Foundation Year and notify you accordingly.
Accreditation by the Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences provides an indicator of quality as well as showing continual improvement to develop graduate employees.
Watch an introduction to the course below and hear from our students
Next start date:
September 2024, September 2025
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time, or 4 years full-time with one placement year. Students enrolled on the foundation year complete an additional year at the start.
The Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences
All subjects considered
For September 2024 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information check out our full entry requirements.