Why study BSc (Hons) Forensic Investigation at BU?
- Forensic investigation is a wide-ranging and compelling subject, drawing from scientific methods and practical training within criminal investigation, taught by professional practitioners and guest speakers who are experts in their fields
- Covering biological and analytical science, the degree provides an understanding and knowledge of key concepts in relevant law, professional skills, crime scenes and forensic sciences
- Carried out in a variety of stimulating environments, including science labs, IT labs, field trips, and dedicated crime scene teaching labs in used for crime scene reconstruction
- Year one is shared with students taking BSc (Hons) Forensic Science, with the option to switch degrees at the end of the year
- Gain valuable work experience on your placement if you choose to take one and springboard into a career as a forensic investigator post-graduation
- Within fifteen months of finishing the course, 88% of graduates are in employment or further education.
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the scientific skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree. If you apply to study the full degree and do not meet the academic entry requirements, our admissions team may consider your application for the Foundation Year and notify you accordingly.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2024, September 2025
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time, or 4 years full-time with one placement year. Students enrolled on the foundation year complete an additional year at the start.
All subjects considered
For September 2024 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information check out our full entry requirements.