Why study BSc (Hons) Forensic Science?
- Taught by professional practitioners and guest speakers who are experts in their respective fields, including forensic archaeology, genocide investigation and toxicology
- Participate in multiple field trips, as well as being taught in contemporary lecture halls and state-of-the-art labs where you’ll use cutting-edge equipment
- Take part in invaluable lab and fieldwork experience, including mock crime scenes and disasters, including a live fire exercise
- Provided with theoretical and practical training covering crime scene science, toxicology, chemistry and molecular biology
- Gain valuable work experience on your placement if you choose to take one and springboard into a career as a forensic investigator post-graduation
- You'll be career ready with 87% of graduates from our forensic and archaeological sciences courses in employment or further study after 15 months.
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the scientific skills required for Forensic Science, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree.
Accreditation by the Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences provides an indicator of quality as well as showing continual improvement to develop graduate employees.
Watch an introduction to the course below and hear from our students
Next start date:
September 2022, September 2023
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time with a 5-week placement or 4 years with a 30-week minimum. Foundation year: 4 years full-time with a 5-week placement or 5 years with a 30-week minimum placement.
The Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences
All subjects considered
For September 2022 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information check out our full entry requirements.