Why study BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy at BU?
- Gain the knowledge and practical skills needed to critically assess a service user’s circumstances in order to help them adapt to their environment and maximise their performance potential.
- The course maintains small cohort sizes resulting in excellent lecturer-to-student ratio meaning more support, education and resource availability.
- Get hands-on practice using our newly-built clinical simulation facilities, which feature a daily living suite and kitchen, plus equipment to tackle a range of situations commonly encountered by occupational therapists.
- Put your learning into practice with placement experience throughout the course in a variety of settings.
- Experiential learning allows you to work on real-life scenarios to gain knowledge and understanding of occupational roles and how health and wellbeing can affect their functioning.
New funding: Occupational therapy students may be eligible for a non-repayable government training grant of at least £5,000 a year. Find out more information about the funding.
Course accreditation and approval
The accreditation and approval bodies on our BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy will allow you to work overseas as well as in the UK with your qualification. On successful completion of this course, you can:
- Apply to become a registered occupational therapist with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Apply for professional membership with the Royal College of Occupational Therapist (RCOT)
Chat with a student from this course
Explore our facilities and see more of the course
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Lansdowne Campus
3 years, including mandatory placements
Royal College of Occupational Therapists
A-level: Biology, Human Biology, Psychology, Sociology, Health and Social Care. Additional subjects accepted for September 2021 - see full entry requirements.
For September 2021 entry: 128 - 144 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of two A-levels or equivalent, including 32 points in a required subject. BTEC Extended Diploma grade DDM (128 UCAS tariff points) in a required subject.
For more information check out our full entry requirements.