Why study the Legal Practice Course at BU?
- Build upon your previous acquired legal knowledge to enable you to advise in practice
- Gain insight into further areas of law and procedure and the means of accessing legal information and resources
- Develop the skills and analytical ability to deal with legal problems, to research the law and to apply it to factual situations
- Critically evaluate legal problems within an academic and practical context
- Benefit from a supportive team environment that we work hard to cultivate.
For September 2021 entry: In order to take advantage of new approaches to learning and teaching, as well as developments in industry to benefit our students we regularly review all of our courses. This course is currently going through this process and we will update this page in June 2021 to give you full information about what we will be offering once the review process has concluded.
Accredited by the Solicitors Regulation Authority
The Legal Practice Course is designed to meet and complies with the requirements of the Solicitors Regulation Authority outcomes and requirements, ensuring that you are properly equipped to proceed onto a Training Contract and ultimately to become an effective legal practitioner.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
20 September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Lansdowne Campus
1 year full-time
Solicitors Regulation Authority
Qualifying Law Degree qualification approved by the SRA
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in a required subject, or a pass in the Graduate Diploma in Law/ Common Professional Examination (CPE). For more information check out our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in writing and 5.5 in each component of speaking, listening and reading. For more information check out our full entry requirements.