Why study MSc Biodiversity Conservation at BU?
- Study in a location perfectly suited to learn about biodiversity conservation
- Develop your knowledge of ecology, geography, social science, psychology and technology in this political and socio-economically important subject area
- Enjoy access to a vast amount of research from our academics, including; tropical and temperate ecosystems, grassland, forest, freshwater, coastal and marine environments
- Learn about the latest developments in conservation science and practice, hone your ability to communicate effectively, and be mentored in identifying flora and fauna
- Benefit from our wide network of professional contacts to find a six-week placement In the UK or abroad to suit your individual career aspirations
- Profit from our expert academics who are actively researching biodiversity conservation worldwide and bring their expertise to every session.
“I really enjoyed the fieldwork aspect of the course, and was able to conduct my placement in Brazil to take part in marine wildlife monitoring. It gave me the chance to broaden my knowledge in marine biodiversity.”
Katie Thompson, MSc Biodiversity Conservation graduate
Join a course accredited by the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management, the professional body representing ecologists and environment managers in the UK and overseas.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2024, September 2025
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
1 year full-time, 2 years part-time
Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management
Biology, Ecology, Environmental Science, Earth & Geographical Sciences, Conservation Biology, Zoology, Ecology & Wildlife Conservation, Marine Biology
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 or equivalent is required in a relevant subject. Other subjects may also be considered relevant.
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS 6.5 (Academic) with a minimum of 5.5 in each component. For more information see our full entry requirements.