Why study MSc Disaster Management at BU?
- Learn at one of the leading providers of Disaster Management training and education both in the UK and overseas
- Develop knowledge and skills from a broad range of organisations, such as government agencies, international industries, and emergency services, required for future leaders
- Acquire critical understanding of risk reduction and resilience strategies to enable to you respond and help recover disasters when they occur
- Flexible learning options, including a choice of full-time or part-time study
- Unique campus based learning experience
Bournemouth University Disaster Management Centre (BUDMC)
Bournemouth University’s Disaster Management Centre (BUDMC) has garnered decades of experience in education, research and professional practice.
The BUDMC enjoys an international reputation, selected alongside BU’s International Centre for Tourism & Hospitality Research by the United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNTWO) to undertake vital research into global disaster management. Find out more here
This course is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). AACSB business accreditation demonstrates an ongoing commitment to excellence in teaching, research, curriculum development, and learner success.
Next start date:
September 2024, September 2025
1 year full-time or 2 years part-time. Each unit is delivered via one week of intensive lectures/seminars followed by 8 weeks of additional learning.
Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
All subjects considered
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 or equivalent in any subject, or equivalent
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS 6.0 (Academic) with a minimum of 5.5 in each component. For more information check out our full entry requirements.