Why study MSc Disaster Management at BU?
- Learn at one of the leading providers of Disaster Management training and education both in the UK and overseas
- Develop knowledge and skills from a broad range of organisations, such as government agencies, international industries, and emergency services, required for future leaders
- Acquire critical understanding of risk reduction and resilience strategies to enable to you respond and help recover disasters when they occur
- Flexible learning options, including a choice of full-time or part-time study
- Blended course delivery enabling you to conduct your learning from anywhere in the world.
For September 2021 entry: In order to take advantage of new approaches to learning and teaching, as well as developments in industry to benefit our students we regularly review all of our courses. This course is currently going through this process and we will update this page in May 2021 to give you full information about what we will be offering once the review process has concluded.
Bournemouth University Disaster Management Centre (BUDMC)
Bournemouth University’s Disaster Management Centre (BUDMC) has garnered decades of experience in education, research and professional practice.
The BUDMC enjoys an international reputation, selected alongside BU’s International Centre for Tourism & Hospitality Research by the United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNTWO) to undertake vital research into global disaster management. Find out more here
Discover more about the BU Business School and explore our campus
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
1 year full-time; 2 years maximum part-time. Each unit is delivered via one week of intensive lectures/seminars followed by 8 weeks online learning
All subjects considered
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 or equivalent in any subject, or equivalent
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component of writing, speaking, listening and reading. For more information see our full entry requirements.