Why study MSc Tourism Management at BU?
- Study at one of the top-ten ranked universities in the world for tourism and hospitality
- You'll meet industry experts, with the opportunity to take a professional placement, network and share knowledge and experience whilst learning in a structured environment
- Complete an optional 30-week work placement with a tourism employer to further enhance your employability
- Learn from specialist academic staff who are actively involved in research ensuring the curriculum is informed by cutting-edge knowledge and practice
- Explore the significant relationships between tourism and the wider economic, environmental and socio-cultural context
- Benefit from experiencing a new country and culture with the option to study a semester abroad.
The accrediting bodies on this course are renowned industry-wide for promoting excellence and the highest standards, all of which is reflected in the BU Business School Experience:
- Recognition as an Institute of Travel & Tourism Centre of Excellence signifies BU as an industry-leading university
- Accreditation by the Tourism Management Institute ensures this course meets standards aligned to the needs of the tourism sector, enhancing future employment prospects when you graduate
- Being recognised as a United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO.TedQual) course provides opportunities for you to participate in tourism policy events of the highest-level, as well as obtaining placements in the most prestigious tourism organisations globally
- Accreditation by the leading hospitality professional body, the Institute of Hospitality, offers numerous benefits to you such as free membership and access to the mentoring scheme.
Discover more about the BU Business School and explore our campus
Next start date:
September 2022, January 2023, September 2023
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
September: 1 year full-time (16 months with optional study exchange). January: 16 months full-time (with or without optional study exchange). September & January: 2 years with optional 30-week work placement or 2 years part-time
United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO); Institute of Hospitality; Institute of Travel & Tourism Centre of Excellence; The Tourism Management Institute
All subjects considered
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject or equivalent.
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS 6.0 (Academic) with a minimum of 5.5 in each component. For more information check out our full entry requirements.