Why study MSc Tourism Management at BU?
- We are the second in the UK for hospitality and tourism management according to the Shanghai Rankings of Academic Subjects 2022
- You'll meet industry experts, with the opportunity to take a professional placement, network and share knowledge and experience whilst learning in a structured environment
- Complete an optional 30-week work placement with a tourism employer to further enhance your employability
- Learn from specialist academic staff who are actively involved in research ensuring the curriculum is informed by cutting-edge knowledge and practice
- Explore the significant relationships between tourism and the wider economic, environmental and socio-cultural context
- Benefit from experiencing a new country and culture with the option to study a semester abroad.
The accrediting bodies on this course are renowned industry-wide for promoting excellence and the highest standards, all of which is reflected in the BU Business School Experience:
- Recognition as an Institute of Travel & Tourism Centre of Excellence signifies BU as an industry-leading university
- Accreditation by the Tourism Management Institute ensures this course meets standards aligned to the needs of the tourism sector, enhancing future employment prospects when you graduate
- Accreditation by the leading hospitality professional body, the Institute of Hospitality, offers numerous benefits to you such as free membership and access to the mentoring scheme.
This course is delivered by the AACSB-accredited Business School, an accreditation that places us within the top institutions globally for business degrees. Less than 6% of business schools worldwide have attained this hallmark of excellence which recognises a focus on excellence in all areas, including teaching and students learning.
Discover more about the BU Business School and explore our campus
Next start date:
January 2024, September 2024, January 2025, September 2025
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
September: 1 year full-time (16 months with optional study exchange). January: 16 months full-time (with or without optional study exchange). September & January: 2 years with optional 30-week work placement or 2 years part-time
The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), Institute of Hospitality; Institute of Travel & Tourism Centre of Excellence; The Tourism Management Institute
All subjects considered
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject.
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS 6.0 (Academic) with a minimum of 5.5 in each component. For more information check out our full entry requirements.