Why study MSc Tourism Marketing Management at BU?
- We are the second in the UK for hospitality and tourism management according to the Shanghai Rankings of Academic Subjects 2022
- Develop a critical understanding of contemporary issues in marketing, question trends and explore the role of IT and social media in destination management and marketing
- Examine the relationships between the customer experience and marketing organisations, research planning, budgeting, marketing strategies and communication
- Choose to complete an optional 30-week work placement to further enhance your employability
- Benefit from experiencing a new country and culture with the option to study a semester abroad
- Learn from specialist, internationally recognised academic staff who are actively involved in research and consultancy, ensuring the curriculum is informed by cutting-edge knowledge and practice.
The accrediting bodies on this course are renowned industry-wide for promoting excellence and the highest standards, all of which is reflected in the BU Business School Experience:
- Recognition as an Institute of Travel & Tourism Centre of Excellence signifies BU as an industry-leading university
- Accreditation by the Tourism Management Institute ensures this course meets standards aligned to the needs of the tourism sector, enhancing future employment prospects when you graduate
- This course is delivered by the AACSB-accredited Business School, an accreditation that places us within the top institutions globally for business degrees. Less than 6% of business schools worldwide have attained this hallmark of excellence which recognises a focus on excellence in all areas, including teaching and students learning.
Discover more about the BU Business School and explore our campus
Next start date:
September 2024, January 2025, September 2025
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
September: 1 year full-time (16 months with optional study exchange). January: 16 months full-time (18 months with optional study exchange). September & January: 2 years part-time or 2 years full-time with optional 30-week work placement
Tourism Management Institute; Institute of Travel & Tourism Centre of Excellence, The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
All subjects considered
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject or equivalent.
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS 6.0 (Academic) with a minimum of 5.5 in each component. For more information check out our full entry requirements.