Why study MSc Tourism Marketing Management at BU?
- Study at one of the top-ten ranked universities in the world for tourism and hospitality
- Develop a critical understanding of contemporary issues in marketing, question trends and explore the role of IT and social media in destination management and marketing
- Examine the relationships between the customer experience and marketing organisations, research planning, budgeting, marketing strategies and communication
- Choose to complete an optional 30-week work placement to further enhance your employability
- Benefit from experiencing a new country and culture with the option to study a semester abroad
- Learn from specialist, internationally recognised academic staff who are actively involved in research and consultancy, ensuring the curriculum is informed by cutting-edge knowledge and practice.
The accrediting bodies on this course are renowned industry-wide for promoting excellence and the highest standards, all of which is reflected in the BU Business School Experience:
- Recognition as an Institute of Travel & Tourism Centre of Excellence signifies BU as an industry-leading university
- Accreditation by the Tourism Management Institute ensures this course meets standards aligned to the needs of the tourism sector, enhancing future employment prospects when you graduate
- Being recognised as a United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO.TedQual) course provides opportunities for you to participate in tourism policy events of the highest-level, as well as obtaining placements in the most prestigious tourism organisations globally.
Discover more about the BU Business School and explore our campus
Next start date:
September 2022, January 2023, September 2023
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
September: 1 year full-time (16 months with optional study exchange). January: 16 months full-time (18 months with optional study exchange). September & January: 2 years part-time or 2 years full-time with optional 30-week work placement
United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO); Tourism Management Institute; Institute of Travel & Tourism Centre of Excellence
All subjects considered
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject or equivalent.
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS 6.0 (Academic) with a minimum of 5.5 in each component. For more information check out our full entry requirements.