Professionals who adopt a planned and structured approach to maintaining and upgrading their skills give themselves and their business a competitive advantage in an ever changing work environment. They can help keep their business one step ahead of the competition by utilising the skills learnt from the subjects within this short course.
Our CPD for tourism includes, but is not limited to, the following subjects:
- Destination branding
- Destination policy and planning
- Analysing tourist attractions
- Structure and organisation of the travel industry
- The relationship between transport and tourism
- Impact studies
- Sustainable tourism
- Empowering the individual and employee
- Group processes and dynamics
- Team building, meeting skills, leadership
- Goal setting and motivation/feedback and learning
- Professional behaviour and attitudes in tourism
- Globalisation and diversity within the hospitality & tourism industries
- Socio-cultural impacts of tourism on host communities
- Impacts of climate change on international tourism patterns
- Nature-based tourism
- Performance measurement and its relationship with excellence
- Heritage tourism.
Mature student entry requirements subject to level of proposed study.
International entry requirements
We are able to design bespoke CPD programmes to meet the requirements of international employers seeking development of their employees.
If English is not your first language, you will need to provide evidence that you can understand English to a satisfactory level. English language requirements for this course are normally:
- IELTS 7.0 (Academic) or above.
You can also find further details of the international qualifications we accept, and what level of study they apply to, on our international entry requirements page.
How to apply
If you have any further questions about the course, please email Business Development Manager, Claire Main: [email protected], or call her on 01202 961481.
Alternatively, please contact our enquiry service for more information.
Embarking on a CPD programme sponsored by your employer will provide you with additional highly marketable skills that enhance your career potential. Success on the programme confirms to your employer (as well as yourself and others) that you are able to rise to the challenge and are fully able to play full part in developing the business. CPD is universally recognised as essential for career development.