Why study Health & Social Care at BU?
- Dedicated £48M building: Be among the first students to benefit from the brand new £48 million Bournemouth Gateway Building, the new home of the Faculty of Health & Social Sciences
- Clinical and community simulation suites: Learn in practice simulation suites that mirror both clinical and community workplace settings and provide a safe environment for you to practise your skills before heading out on placement
- Placements: Develop your skills via BU’s network of integrated placements in NHS Trusts and community settings across the south
- Professional accreditations: Relevant courses benefit from professional accreditations or approval from bodies such as the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC), the College of Paramedics, the Association for Nutrition, the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy, the Royal College of Occupational Therapists (RCOT), the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) and Social Work England.
- Life-changing research: Study in an environment that generates life-changing research across health and social care – from improving nurse retention and tackling financial scams, to managing the effects of multiple sclerosis and improving nutritional care for people with dementia.