For September 2024 entry: In order to take advantage of new approaches to learning and teaching, as well as developments in practice to benefit our students, we regularly review all of our courses. This course is currently going through this process and we will update this page in March 2024 to give you full information about what we will be offering once the review process has concluded.
Why study BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science at BU?
- The course maintains small cohort sizes resulting in excellent lecturer-to-student ratio meaning more support, education and resource availability, throughout your three years. 90% of graduates felt that staff made the subject interesting.
- Experience over 2,000 hours of placement experience throughout the course in a diverse array of settings.
- This course is endorsed by the College of Paramedics and approved by the HCPC, so you will be able to apply to register as a qualified practitioner once you graduate.
- Practice in state-of-the-art facilities at our Bournemouth Gateway Building, including a purpose-built ambulance simulation suite, hospital wards and community home settings.
- There are opportunities to undertake training and exercises at external locations across the region.
- As well as providing emergency care for critically ill patients, you will develop advanced assessment and decision-making skills so you can decide the appropriate referral method for less seriously unwell patients.
Funding support: Paramedic Science students may be eligible for a non-repayable government training grant of at least £5,000 a year. Find out more information about the funding.
Course endorsement and approval
Our degree is endorsed by the College of Paramedics and approved by the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC). On successful completion of this course, you will be able to register as a qualified practitioner.
See more of the course and our facilities
Next start date:
September 2023, September 2024
Bournemouth University, Lansdowne Campus
3 years, including mandatory placements
See full entry requirements for required subjects.
For September 2023 and September 2024 entry: 112-128 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent, including 40 points in a required subject. BTEC Extended Diploma of DMM. For more information check out our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
For September 2023 and September 2024 entry: If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 7.0 with minimum 6.5 in each of the 4 components or equivalent.
For more information check out our international entry requirements.