In order to take advantage of new approaches to learning and teaching, as well as developments in practice to benefit our students we regularly review all of our courses. This course is currently going through this process, and we will update this page to give you full information about what we will be offering once the review process has concluded. These changes will come into effect for all new students from September 2024 entry. Applicants will be notified by our admissions team of any changes.
Why study BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science at BU?
- The course maintains small cohort sizes resulting in excellent lecturer-to-student ratio meaning more support, education and resource availability, throughout your three years.
- Experience over 2,000 hours of placement experience throughout the course in a diverse array of settings.
- This course is endorsed by the College of Paramedics and approved by the HCPC, so you will be able to apply to register as a qualified practitioner once you graduate.
- Practice in state-of-the-art facilities at our Bournemouth Gateway Building, including a purpose-built ambulance simulation suite, hospital wards and community home settings.
- There are opportunities to undertake training and exercises at external locations across the region and you'll be career ready, with 100% of students being in employment or further education 15 months after graduation.
- As well as providing emergency care for critically ill patients, you will develop advanced assessment and decision-making skills so you can decide the appropriate referral method for less seriously unwell patients.
Funding support: UK Paramedic Science students may be eligible for a non-repayable government training grant of at least £5,000 a year. Find out more information about the funding.
Course endorsement and approval
Our degree is endorsed by the College of Paramedics and approved by the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC). On successful completion of this course, you will be able to register as a qualified practitioner.
See more of the course and our facilities
Next start date:
September 2024, September 2025
Bournemouth University, Lansdowne Campus
3 years, including mandatory placements
See full entry requirements for required subjects.
For September 2024 entry: 112-128 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent, including 40 points in a required subject. BTEC Extended Diploma of DMM. For more information check out our full entry requirements.