Why study BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science at BU?
- The course maintains small cohort sizes resulting in excellent lecturer-to-student ratio meaning more support, education and resource availability, throughout your three years.
- Experience over 2,000 hours of placement experience throughout the course in a diverse array of settings.
- This course is endorsed by the College of Paramedics and approved by the HCPC, so you will be able to register as a qualified practitioner once you graduate.
- Practice in state-of-the-art facilities at our brand-new Bournemouth Gateway Building, including a newly built ambulance simulation suite, hospital wards and community home settings.
- There are opportunities to undertake training and exercises at external locations across the region
- As well as providing emergency care for critically ill patients, you will develop advanced assessment and decision-making skills so you can decide the appropriate referral method for less seriously unwell patients.
Funding support: Paramedic Science students may be eligible for a non-repayable government training grant of at least £5,000 a year. Find out more information about the funding.
Course endorsement and approval
Our degree is endorsed by the College of Paramedics and approved by the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC). On successful completion of this course, you will be able to register as a qualified practitioner.
Chat with a student from this course
See more of the course and our facilities
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Lansdowne Campus
3 years, including mandatory placements
See full entry requirements for required subjects.
For September 2021 entry: 112-128 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent, including 40 points in a required subject. BTEC Extended Diploma of DMM. For more information check out our full entry requirements.