Why study BA (Hons) Events Management at BU?
- Benefit from organising live events, visiting event venues, as well as studying real-life case studies and hearing from industry guest lecturers
- Learn from academic specialists who are actively involved in research that informs the future of the industry
- Gain an expert understanding of event marketing, financial reporting, project planning, event bidding and consumer behaviours
- Study abroad at one of our many partner institutions across the world
- Build your network of professional contacts, enhance your CV and employability during the 30-week work placement
- You'll be career-ready with 100% of graduates working and/or studying 15 months after graduation
Find out more about the content of this course.
Interested in studying this course part-time? Enquire now.
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the business and management skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree.
The accreditation bodies on our BA (Hons) Events Management course are renowned industry-wide for promoting excellence and the highest standards, all of which is reflected in the BU Business School Experience:
- Accredited by the Institute of Data & Marketing (IDM) means that upon successful completion of the accredited unit you will be able to obtain the IDM Certificate in Digital and Data-Driven Marketing
- Bournemouth University is a Strategic Partner with the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), which means you can gain CIM professional qualifications as well as exemptions towards a CIM Diploma in Professional Marketing.
- Accredited by the only chartered body recognising project management skills, the Association for Project Management (APM)
- This course is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). AACSB business accreditation demonstrates an ongoing commitment to excellence in teaching, research, curriculum development, and learner success.
Discover more about the BU Business School and explore our campus
Next start date:
September 2023, September 2024
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
4 years full-time including a minimum 30-week work placement. Foundation year: 5 years full-time including a minimum 30-week work placement.
The Association for Project Management (APM), The Institute of Data & Marketing (IDM) , ITT Centre of Excellence, The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) Strategic Partner, Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
All subjects considered
For September 2023 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information check out our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
For September 2023 entry: If English is not your first language, you will need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with minimum 5.5 in each component or equivalent. For more information check out our international entry requirements.