Why study BSc (Hons) Computing at BU?
- Develop your computing skills by exploring different computing technologies and learn how to become a great problem solver
- Gain experience in developing front and back-end web systems, along with mobile and desktop applications using a variety of programming languages and frameworks
- In addition to learning core computing skills, you will be able to tailor your degree to the areas of computing which most interest you and match your career ambitions
- Gain valuable work experience on your placement if you choose to take one
- Career opportunities are broad and can include roles such as software engineer, web developer, IT analyst, or network engineer
- Within 15 months of completing their course, 100% of our students were employed in a professional or managerial position.
Foundation Year: We have a Foundation Year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the technical skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the Foundation Year, you will progress to the full degree.
Accreditation by the Chartered Institute for IT (BCS) provides an indicator of quality and can help you work towards Chartered IT Professional status. You’ll have the chance to complete Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification courses during your degree.
Take a look at student life on Talbot Campus
Next start date:
September 2023, September 2024
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement or 3 years full-time. You will be enrolled onto the 4-year degree, but can opt out of the placement year. Foundation year: 5 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement or 4 years full-time.
The Chartered Institute for IT (BCS)
All subjects considered
For September 2023 entry: 104-120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent qualifications. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation Year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information check out our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
For September 2023 entry: If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with minimum 5.5 in each component, or equivalent. For more information check out our international entry requirements.