Why study BSc (Hons) Data Science & Analytics at BU?
- Learn how to work with Big Data frameworks and develop results into contemporary visual analytics
- Explore cutting-edge Machine Learning techniques, including how to implement and apply algorithms such as Artificial Neural Networks on a range of real-world industry-inspired problems
- Delve into Deep Learning, which is driving innovation in a huge range of fields involving image, video, speech and text analysis for applications like self-driving cars, detecting fake news, and medical diagnosis
- You'll gain valuable work experience on your placement if you choose to take one, entering an industry with huge predicted growth in the next decade
- All of our computing courses share a common first year, giving you the time to really explore each subject before deciding on a specialism. Take a look at the courses here.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2022, September 2023
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement or 3 years full-time. You will be enrolled onto the 4-year degree, but can opt out of the placement year
All subjects considered
For September 2022 entry: 104-120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent qualifications. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. For more information check out our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
For September 2022 entry: If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with minimum 5.5 in each component, or equivalent. For more information check out our international entry requirements.