Why study BSc (Hons) Data Science & Analytics at BU?
- Learn how to work with Big Data frameworks and develop results into contemporary visual analytics.
- Explore cutting edge Machine Learning techniques, including how to implement and apply algorithms such as Artificial Neural Networks on a range of real-world industry-inspired problems.
- Delve into Deep Learning, which is driving innovation in a huge range of fields involving image, video, speech and text analysis for applications like self-driving cars, detecting fake news, and medical diagnosis.
- You'll gain valuable work experience on your placement if you choose to take one.
- All of our computing courses share a common first year, giving you the time to really explore each subject before deciding on a specialism. Take a look at the courses here.
What are the career opportunities?
It is predicted that data science and artificial intelligence will see a huge growth in the next decade across almost all industries, therefore putting you in high demand. Career opportunities include data scientist, data analyst, data architect or information analyst.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement or 3 years full-time. You will be enrolled onto the 4-year degree, but can opt out of the placement year
All subjects considered
For September 2021 and September 2022 entry: 104-120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent qualifications. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. For more information check out our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
For Septemer 2021 and September 2022 entry: If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with minimum 5.5 in each component, or equivalent. For more information check out our international entry requirements.