Why study BSc (Hons) Forensic Investigation at BU?
- Forensic investigation is a wide-ranging and compelling subject, drawing from scientific methods and practical training within criminal investigation
- Taught by professional practitioners and guest speakers who are experts in their fields
- Covering biological and analytical science, the degree provides an understanding and knowledge of key concepts in relevant law, professional skills, crime scenes and forensic sciences
- Carried out in a variety of stimulating environments, including science labs, IT labs, field trips, and dedicated crime scene teaching labs in used for crime scene reconstruction
- Year one is shared with students taking BSc (Hons) Forensic Science, with the option to switch degrees at the end of the year
- Gain valuable work experience on your placement if you choose to take one and springboard into a career as a forensic investigator post-graduation.
For September 2021 entry: In order to take advantage of new approaches to learning and teaching, as well as developments in industry to benefit our students we regularly review all of our courses. This course is currently going through this process and we will update this page in June 2021 to give you full information about what we will be offering once the review process has concluded.
Accreditation by the Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences provides an indicator of quality and can help you work towards Chartered Forensic Practitioner status.
Chat with a student from this course
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years with an optional short placement, or 4 years with a minimum 30-week placement
The Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences
All subjects considered