Why study BSc (Hons) Games Design at BU?:
- Explore level design, interactive storytelling, narrative development, interface design, games analytics, scripting for game creation, plus 3D modelling and texturing
- Taught in dedicated facilities, using the latest industry-standard software for developing games
- Opportunity to put your learning into practice by taking a 4-week work placement (as part of the 3-year course) or a 30-week placement (as part of the 4-year course)
- Benefit from our industry connections and guest lectures with games developers across the UK and overseas, including Unity, Jagex, King, Sports Interactive, Creative Assembly, Climax Studios, Playground Games, Boss Alien, Media Molecule, and others
- As well as the games industry, you’ll be prepared for a career in a range of sectors including digital technologies, architectural visualisation, mixed and virtual realities, and the wider digital creative industry
- You'll be career ready with 90% of graduates from our computer games and animation courses in employment or further study after 15 months.
For September 2022 entry: We are currently developing a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree. This page will be updated with more information in July 2022. Please register your interest and we will email you when the foundation year option is open for applications.
This course is industry-recognised by TIGA, the trade association representing the video games industry, and carries the TIGA quality mark which indicates courses producing the very best industry ready graduates. The course affords students with excellent opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaborations, which is highly valued within the game development industry.
Watch a demonstrator presentation and take a look at our facilities
Next start date:
September 2022, September 2023
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years with an optional 4-week placement, or 4 years with a minimum 30-week placement
All subjects considered
For September 2022 and September 2023 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. For more information check out our full entry requirements.