Following a review, BSc (Hons) Networks and Cyber Security replaces BSc (Hons) Computer Networks for September 2023 entry.
Why study BSc (Hons) Networks and Cyber Security at BU?
- Develop the versatility and personal qualities to design, configure and optimise large-scale networks to meet dynamic corporate infrastructure needs in a global context
- Build and improve your applied technical skills with a strong appreciation of security implications to support the enabling and deployment of wired and wireless communication technologies and protocols over large-scale and complex networks for any organisation
- Study and practise in our state-of-art speciality labs with enterprise grade hardware and fully virtualisation ready enterprise level infrastructure.
- Engage in a series of practical, industry-focused tasks and co-participate in a range of research projects, not only with BU staff but experts from other institutions and industries in the UK and the world
- Gain valuable work experience on your placement if you choose to take one
- You'll be qualified to work as a computer network professional in all sectors where networking infrastructure plays a critical role
Foundation Year: We have a Foundation Year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the technical skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the Foundation Year, you will progress to the full degree.
Take a glimpse at life on Talbot Campus
Next start date:
September 2023, September 2024
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement or 3 years full-time. You will be enrolled onto the 4-year degree, but can opt out of the placement year
All subjects considered
For September 2023 and September 2024 entry: 104-120 UCAS tariff points including 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. For more information check out our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
For September 2023 and September 2024 entry: If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with minimum 5.5 in each component, or equivalent. For more information check out our international entry requirements.