Clearing 2021: This course (including the Foundation Year option) is now full for September 2021 entry. You may still apply, but your application will be held on a waiting list. We’ll contact you if a space becomes available and your application is being considered. Call us on +44 (0)1202 966777 or apply online. You can also explore our other Health & Social Care vacancies in Clearing.
Why study BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy at BU?
- Gain the knowledge and practical skills needed to critically assess a service user’s circumstances in order to help them adapt to their environment and maximise their performance potential.
- The course maintains small cohort sizes resulting in excellent lecturer-to-student ratio meaning more support, education and resource availability.
- Get hands-on practice using our newly-built clinical simulation facilities, which feature a daily living suite and kitchen, plus equipment to tackle a range of situations commonly encountered by occupational therapists.
- Put your learning into practice with placement experience throughout the course in a variety of settings.
- Experiential learning allows you to work on real-life scenarios to gain knowledge and understanding of occupational roles and how health and wellbeing can affect their functioning.
New funding: Occupational therapy students may be eligible for a non-repayable government training grant of at least £5,000 a year. Find out more information about the funding.
Foundation Year: We have a Foundation Year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the scientific skills needed to prepare you for the Occupational Therapy degree, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the Foundation Year, you will progress to the full degree and begin your Occupational Therapy study. The Foundation Year will be based at the Talbot Campus, Bournemouth.
Course accreditation and approval
The accreditation and approval bodies on our BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy course allow you to work overseas as well as in the UK with your qualification. On successful completion of this course, you can:
- Apply to become a registered occupational therapist with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Apply for professional membership with the Royal College of Occupational Therapist (RCOT)
Please note that the Foundation Year part of the course does not have these accreditations.
Explore our facilities and see more of the course
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Lansdowne Campus. Foundation Year: Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus.
3 years, including mandatory placements or 4 years with the Foundation Year (1 year, followed by 3 years including mandatory placements)
Royal College of Occupational Therapists
Biology, Human Biology, Psychology, Sociology, Health & Social Care, Applied Human Biology.
For September 2021 and September 2022 entry: 128 - 144 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of two A-levels or equivalent, including 32 points in a required subject. BTEC Extended Diploma grade DDM (128 UCAS tariff points) in a required subject. Foundation Year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points.
For more information check out our full entry requirements.