Why study BA (Hons) Psychology with Forensic Investigation at BU?
- Using state-of-the-art facilities, apply the concepts and principles of psychology to criminal investigation settings.
- Learn from forensic investigation experts about the criminal investigation process and relevant legal issues.
- Graduate with research skills and methods to investigate human behaviour and cognitive processes within the criminal justice system.
- Develop transferable skills including critical thinking, project management, presentation skills and professional practice.
- Work with world-leading researchers on projects through the Research Apprenticeship Scheme - many of our students have published work with members of the staff.
- Opportunity to take an optional 4-week or 30-week placement in industry to give you essential real-world experience and begin building a network of professional contacts.
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the scientific skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree.
This course is accredited by the British Psychological Society, so when you graduate with at least a Second Class Honours, you are eligible for Graduate Basis for Chartership, the first step towards becoming a Chartered Psychologist.
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years with optional 4-week placement, or 4 years with a minimum 30-week placement. Foundation year: 4 years full-time with a 5-week placement or 5 years with a 30-week minimum placement.
British Psychological Society (BPS)
All subjects considered