Why study BSc (Hons) Psychology with Counselling at BU?
- Develop a well-rounded knowledge of all areas of psychology with a particular focus on reflective practice and person-centred communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills and awareness of diversity are essential should you wish to go on to train as a Clinical Psychologist, counsellor, or work in other roles requiring these skills, such as sales and marketing.
- Situated in the Department of Psychology, you’ll have access to state-of-the-art facilities, plus lectures from a range of professionals working in the field.
- Work with world-leading researchers on projects through the Research Apprenticeship Scheme - many of our students have published work with members of the staff.
- Opportunity to take an optional 4-week or 30-week placement in industry to give you essential real-world experience and begin building a network of professional contacts.
This course is accredited by the British Psychological Society, so when you graduate with at least a Second Class Honours, you are eligible for Graduate Basis for Chartership, the first step towards becoming a Chartered Psychologist.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years with optional 4-week placement, or 4 years with a minimum 30-week placement
The British Psychological Society (BPS)
All subjects considered
For September 2021 entry: 112-128 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM.