Why study BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science at BU?
- We're proud the course received an impressive overall satisfaction rate of 100%
- Use our human performance laboratories to assess and learn how to make improvements to the performance of athletes or sports teams and the health of individuals
- We have strong links with some of the biggest names in the sports industry to inform our teaching and provide placement opportunities. Make the most of our relationship with our partner, AFC Bournemouth, with guest speakers and volunteering opportunities
- Choose from either a six or 30-week work placement, giving you the chance to make professional connections within the industry, as well as putting your learning into practice
- An optional alternative to final year dissertation project – a research expedition conducting in-depth research on the needs and responses of people completing a UK-based endurance event
- Designed to help make you more employable, you can expect to learn through practical experience; backing up the theory you will study through laboratory and fieldwork.
Foundation Year: We have a Foundation Year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the scientific skills needed to prepare you for the Sport and Exercise Science degree, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the Foundation Year, you will progress to the full degree and begin your Sport and Exercise Science study. The Foundation Year will be based at the Talbot Campus, Bournemouth.
We are proud that our BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science degree has been endorsed by The British Association of Sport and Exercise Science (BASES), recognising our strong curriculum and content of our units.
Discover our Sport facilities at BU
Next start date:
September 2023, September 2024
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time with a 6-week placement, or 4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement. Foundation year: 4 years full-time with a 6-week placement, or 5 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement
The British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences
All subjects considered
For September 2023 and September 2024 entry: 112 - 128 tariff points including a minimum of 2 A levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information check out our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
For September 2023 and September 2024 entry: If English is not your first language, you will need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with minimum 5.5 in each component or equivalent. For more information check out our international entry requirements.