The Vice-Chancellor’s Strategic Insights and Opportunities Network (ViS2ION) is an exciting new initiative for 2019/20 where a large focus group made up of 200 student panellists from across BU help to ensure that a range of views are considered in relation to key strategic developments at the university.
Through ViS2ION, BU students work collaboratively with our staff to influence strategic decision making on issues that will impact the student experience now and in future years.
If you would like to influence university strategy, make a difference at BU and find out more about leadership in the university, this is a perfect opportunity for you. Participating in ViS2ION will enable you to:
- Network with academic and service leaders from across BU, including the Vice-Chancellor and his leadership team
- Take part in interactive sessions with BU staff looking at topics that affect current and future students
- Understand BU’s strategy and how it is being implemented
- Gain valuable experience that will help you in your career
- Meet some amazing people and develop your skills.
ViS2ION panellists are not recruited to represent the student body, but rather to give their own personal, reflective, honest views on topics presented. Panellists will be paid for preparation, training and attendance at the meetings and in return, panellists are expected to engage actively, be proactive, take time to prepare for meetings and participate fully in discussions.
To find out how you can become a panellist please see our recruitment page. If you would like to get involved in this project without becoming a panellist, please see our ViS2ION further information webpage.