As a PhD student, you will receive high-quality, one-to-one supervision. You will have the opportunity to discuss your work, and the work of other PhD students, with your fellow students (including those from other departments within the faculty) and academic staff. You will be encouraged and supported in publishing in international journals and you will have the opportunity to publish your working paper in the BAFES working paper series.
You will also have the opportunity to develop your academic and professional skills, knowledge and experience by attending the Graduate School’s Researcher Development Programme and the various seminar series, workshops and discussion forums within the department and the faculty.
The topics range across all areas of expertise of our staff and cluster on the following generic themes:
- Trade and development in emerging markets
- Innovation studies and environmental economics
- Small and medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) and Local economic development
- Food and health economics
- Banking and finance, including Fintech
- Corporate Governance and business ethics
- Accounting, Audit and Taxation
- Human Development and Education
- Conflict resolution
You can find out how to apply for a PhD with us in the postgraduate research section.