Find out more about the awards and apply:
All winners will receive a Certificate, and be invited to our Awards Ceremony. An overall winner will also be selected for each of the Awards.
Take a look at what some of our previous nominees said about the employability awards.
How to apply
To complete your application, you will need to:
- Write a 500-word submission that explains why you would like to be considered for the award
- Ask an individual closely associated with the project/activity you are putting forward for the award to write a short statement (250 words maximum) in support of your application
- Supply a photo or photos of you on your placement/internship (does not have to be of the project/activity that you are putting forward for the award).
You may apply for more than one award. You should submit your application by 31 July 2022
Service Excellence Award
This is awarded for exceeding customer and/or internal/external stakeholders’ expectations leading to:
- An increase in business activity
- An increase in sales and/or profit margins for specific goods and/or services
- An enhanced reputation for the company or organisation at a local, regional, national or international level, and/or greater exposure generally of the company or organisation.
Financial Impact Award
This is awarded for making a significant impact on the financial success and/or profitability of the business as a result of:
- Budgetary gains through cost savings and/or business efficiencies
- Increased sales over a specific period (as measured by the company or organisation)
- Increased output or sales through new products, services or other innovations
- The development of a new idea or approach which is taken up for further development
- Assisting or leading a bid resulting in winning an important contract.
This is awarded for introducing a significant improvement to working methods, products, services or processes leading to:
- And/or suggesting new ideas/approaches
- And/or suggesting new products, services or innovations
- And/or demonstrating an entrepreneurial approach within the organisation.
Global Engagement Award
This is awarded for significant achievements in working effectively with global stakeholders, leading to:
- The successful management of diverse cultural relationships
- Successful collaborative working with diverse teams dealing effectively with the inherent challenges of such relationships.
This is awarded for significant achievements in working effectively to help, coach, mentor and/or develop individuals, teams or whole communities at a local or regional level, as a result of:
- The successful creation of tailored initiatives or projects which support an individual’s personal development
- Or the successful creation of tailored initiatives or projects which support the development of one or more teams of people or even a whole community.
Outstanding Contribution Award
This is awarded for commitment and work which goes significantly beyond reasonable expectations in relation to the nature of your role within the organisation, such as:
- Demonstrating initiative and creativity by taking on and succeeding with extra challenges which go well beyond your normal role and which will make a significant impact upon the organisation.
Apply to be a Placement PAL Leader!
Would you like to share your placement experience with other students by getting involved in activities and events designed to mentor and coach them through the process? A great skill to add to your CV!