BU’s vision is to be recognised worldwide as a leading university for inspiring learning, advancing knowledge and enriching society through the Fusion of education, research and practice. This requires us to innovate and continue to develop excellent teaching practices.
The Centre for Fusion Learning, Innovation and Excellence (FLIE) – formed in spring 2019 and previously known as the Centre for Excellence in Learning (CEL) - supports staff in the design, delivery and evaluation of excellent and innovative education practice across BU.
FLIE provides targeted staff development for academic teams through online materials, masterclasses and bespoke sessions towards consistently excellent pedagogic practice.
The team works with faculties on the implementation of BU’s academic policies and practice, for example, the design and initial implementation of the annual Peer Reflections on Practice (PREP).
They also work with Academic Quality, other Professional Services and the Students’ Union at Bournemouth University (SUBU) to support staff and student initiatives, which promote excellent and innovative teaching and learning, for example, the review and roll-out of the Programme Approval and Review Toolkit.
In addition, FLIE will support students by responding to queries via the Technology Enhanced Learning Innovation & Development (TELID) service desk and signposting them to other support as needed. One area where the team supports an excellent student learning experience is through an enhanced assessment and feedback process.
Academic members of FLIE engage fully with research, including submitting research funding bids and publications, supervising Postgraduate Research students, engaging with Unit of Assessment 23 (UoA23), which will form part of BU’s REF submission, and developing impact case studies for REF 2021. The team also works with professional practice, supporting the dissemination and presentation of research to a variety of publics and engage with local communities where appropriate.
Dr Gelareh Roushan
Dr Roushan is the Head of the Centre for Fusion Learning, Innovation and Excellence. Her area of research is in Innovation Science and she has published and presented on digital solutions to meet emerging business and educational requirements for over 20 years.
Our latest blogs
- Investigating Eye Tracking Technology Fri, 28 Feb 2020
- Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Virtual Reality And Retailers Fri, 28 Feb 2020
- How Virtual Reality (VR) Is Impacting the Healthcare Industry Fri, 28 Feb 2020
- Could Virtual Reality Be the Future of Fitness? Thu, 27 Feb 2020
- Postgraduate Researchers | New Training Needs Analysis Template Thu, 27 Feb 2020
- Sharing pedagogical innovation Thu, 27 Feb 2020
- How Virtual Reality Is Benefiting Seniors Thu, 27 Feb 2020
- Would you eat a ‘steak’ printed by robots? Tue, 25 Feb 2020
- Applied Research in Collaboration with Industry Partners – Discussion Panel Tue, 25 Feb 2020
- We Need Your Help | PGR & Supervisor Views | Postgraduate Researcher Development Needs Wed, 19 Feb 2020