Please read the individual scholarship criteria carefully before completing the application form and ensure that you only apply for those scholarships that you are eligible for, and for which you meet the criteria.
- You can apply once you have submitted your course application form. Applications with no application reference will not be considered.
- You do not need to send any transcripts or qualifications with your scholarship application form. We may verify these at a later date, upon enrolment.
- You must complete this application by the earliest deadline advertised for the scholarship you wish to be considered for, as you can only submit this application form once. All scholarships have a deadline for applications which can be found on their individual web pages.
- If you are submitting an application prior to receiving your final results, please include a predicted grade and any unit marks to help us make an assessment.
- We may extend the deadline for applications, should funds remain. Late applications will not be considered unless a deadline is extended.
Your application will be considered on your actual or predicted grades first and foremost, and may be made with consideration to your personal statement. When you complete the personal statement section of the scholarship application, please advise us of the qualities that you think make you an outstanding applicant for a BU Scholarship (in approximately 300 words).
You can make reference to:
- Your reasons for applying for the course at BU and how it will benefit you in the future
- Your existing academic record and where you have achieved an exemplary standard in your studies
- Proven level of English proficiency (if English is not your first language)
- Your professional experience to date and your career aspirations
- How you would bring an exciting and valuable global perspective to your course at BU
- Outstanding achievements in the face of adversity and personal achievements
- What motivates you
- Service to the community or charitable work
- Your intentions upon returning to your home country (if applicable).
Successful applicants who are awarded a scholarship are expected to act as ambassadors for BU and may be asked to contribute to promotional activities and campaigns.
Scholarships are reviewed on a regular basis and the university reserves the right to withdraw, amend or introduce new scholarships at any time. Scholarships are offered subject to funding and availability.