Our next general Undergraduate Open Day is on
Saturday 29 October
Campus-based Open Days
If you have registered for one of our Clearing Open Days in August or our planned campus-based Open Days on Saturday 29 October, Saturday 19 November or Saturday 10 December we’ll provide more information about travel and timings closer to the events. In the meantime, we hope our on-demand content gives you a flavour of what it’s like to study at BU.
Open Day Covid safety measures:
- While our current recommendation is that face coverings are worn in indoor spaces on campus, we recognise that this is a personal choice and we ask that you respect each other's choices.
- In some specific areas, where close contact is needed, a face covering may still be mandatory unless you have an exemption e.g. in some lab settings where close contact is required. This will be made clear to you at the beginning of the session.
- You should not attend if you have symptoms of Covid-19, or test positive.
- You'll find hand sanitising stations across our campuses.
- Finally, we may need to prioritise prospective students over guests in talks, activities and during tours due to high demand.
Virtual Open Days
If you've registered for a virtual event, we’ll email you a link to access the content, including our live stream and chatroom, as well as welcome and subject talks. Meanwhile, there’s a sample of on-demand content below so you can discover more of BU.
You can see just some of the accommodation you could be living in through our film, ‘At home with BU’. We’ve also got a range of student-led tours to give you an inside-take on what it’s like to live in student accommodation with us.
We’re not just located in a beautiful part of the world – our campuses and facilities are pretty special too. This includes the brand new Poole Gateway Building (opened in 2020 and home to facilities including TV studios, music production and computing spaces), and the Bournemouth Gateway Building (the new, state-of-the-art home of the Faculty of Health & Social Sciences). You can see some of these spaces below and find out more about living and studying in Bournemouth from our students.