The School of Health and Social Care has held its annual awards ceremony to celebrate the success of graduating students.
Students from each course were awarded prizes from local hospital trusts where they were on placement, course leaders and the Students’ Union.
Professor Gail Thomas, Dean of the School of Health & Social Care, said “I think this evening is one of the high points of the year because it celebrates some of our incredibly successful students.
“All of our students are successful, but these have gone the extra mile and have made a real difference to their peers, to the practitioners they work with, and the patients, clients and service users they work with. Well done to all of them!”
A keynote speech from Judith Chapman, Senior Lecturer in Physiotherapy, opened the proceedings with a motivational address on how learning from the past helps with present challenges.
Presentations were then awarded to the students from all of the School’s undergraduate, postgraduate and post-registration courses.
Olivia Tuckerman, BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy graduate and recipient of the Students’ Union Award said: “It’s such a lovely event, I’m really looking forward to seeing everyone’s achievements."
Rebecca Mitchell, BSc (Hons) Nutrition graduate and recipient of the Nutrition Award, added: “It’s a real pleasure to be here, the evening is really nicely put on and I feel very honoured to be invited to come along."
The evening closed with a celebration networking event for prize winners, tutors and their families.
Winners of the awards were:
- Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Prize – Emma Stride, BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing
- Paramedic Science Award – Amanda Houghton, FdSc Paramedic Science
- Sociology & Social Policy Award – Charlotte Garrett, BA (Hons) Sociology & Social Policy
- Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust Prize – Laura Prowse, BSc (Hons) Midwifery
- Dorset Healthcare University NHS Foundation Trust Prize – Eleanor Hooper, Advanced Diploma Mental Health Nursing
- Poole Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Post-Registration And Clinical Excellence Prize – Ingrid Edwards, HSC CPD Framework
- Poole Hospital Nhs Foundation Trust Pre-Registration And Clinical Excellence Prize - Christopher Senior, Advanced Diploma Adult Nursing
- BERTIE BAILEY AWARD, Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust For Pre-Registration Nursing Prize – Rebecca Launchbury, Advanced Diploma Adult Nursing
- Rodger White Prize – Sabeel Ali, BA (Hons) Social Work and Louise Anderson, MA Social Work
- Dr Eleanor Bond Award – Ileana Savage, HSC CPD Framework
- Phi Mu Chapter (England) Award – Peter Bartlett BSc (Hons) Child Health Nursing and Amy Phillips BSc (Hons) Child Health Nursing
- Students’ Union Award – Olivia Tuckerman, BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
- Nutrition Award – Rebecca Mitchell, BSc (Hons) Nutrition
- Exercise Science Award – Jasmine Guizzetti, BSc (Hons) Exercise Science
- Midwifery Award – Rebecca Moss-Coleman, BSc (Hons) Midwifery
- Operating Department Practice Award – Tina Wade, Dip HE Operating Department Practice
- Children & Young People’s Nursing Award – Laura Cox, BSc (Hons) Child Health Nursing
- Occupational Therapy Award – Alannah Pasokhy, BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy
- Physiotherapy Award – Kendal Burns, BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
- Physiotherapy Team Award – Christopher Dorey, BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
- Sarah Cheesman Compassionate Care Prize – Zuzana Nechalova, Advanced Diploma Adult Nursing
- Dorset County Council Award – Daniel Ralph, MA Social Work
- Dorset County Council PQSW Prize – Faye Nethercote, PG Dip in Advanced Mental Health Practice
- National Centre For Post-Qualifying Social Work Award – Laura Tanner, Grad Dip Children and Family Studies
- Marnie Mae Pope Prize – Rebecca Moss-Coleman, BSc (Hons) Midwifery