BU Professor of Economics, Jens Holscher, addressed an audience of around 100 members of the public, BU staff and students at Barclays House in Poole as part of BU's Inaugural Lecture Series 2017.
Professor Holscher talked about the emerging effects of the Brexit vote, and it's reverberations across the wider European community, as well as recent employment trends in the light of Britain's decision to leave the European Union.
Welcoming Professor Holscher and introducing the inaugural lecture was Professor Richard Conder, Chair of the Bournemouth University board, who said that Professor Holscher was a "valued member of the board", who makes a "great contribution" to the university.
Remaining lectures include:
- Professor Tim Rees - AFC Bournemouth, Vitality Stadium
- Professor Candida Yates - Bournemouth Highcliff Marriott Hotel
- Professor Debbie Holley - Fusion Building, Talbot Campus, BU
- Professor Hugh Chignell - Shelley Theatre, Boscombe
- Professor Jane Murphy - Executive Business Centre, Lansdowne Campus, BU
Free tickets for each lecture will be released in the weeks before each event and individual booking information will be sent out about each lecture in the series. For more information on booking and to view previous lectures in the series visit the public lecture series webpages.
To see or hear Jens' full talk, please see the video and podcast below or visit here to find the full lecture archive.