Get involved in the ‘Random Acts of Kindness’ happening between Monday 27 November and Friday 8 December. There are a variety of ways to donate, give your time and show kindness to someone else.
A host of BU services are involved, including SportBU who are offering the opportunity to purchase a discounted membership for someone else, SUBU will be organising a selection of volunteering opportunities and ResLife will be providing Christmas decorations for halls and the chance to 'donate for a doughnut', this is a great way to help others through BU.
Here are some ways that you can get involved:
- Bone Marrow Donations – The Anthony Nolan Trust will be on Talbot and Lansdowne Campuses on Tuesday 5 December looking for interested people to sign up for bone marrow donations
- Volunteering opportunities – help put Christmas decs up at your halls or sign up to the beach clean on 9 December - head to 2nd floor Student Centre for more info
- Reverse advent calendar - pick up something that will add sparkle to a child's Christmas: chocolates, biscuits, sweets, cakes, mince pies, selection boxes - all donations go to the Trussell Trust Food Bank to help local families. Collection points in the Student Centre and BoHo Lounge - donate until 13 December
- Donation pots around campus* – at food outlets there'll be collection buckets for donations when buying your coffee
- Dough for a Doughnut* – a doughnut board will be doing the rounds in halls and ending up in SportBU reception on Friday 8 December
- You’re Brilliant Award – head to SUBU reception (2nd floor Student Centre) to nominate your favourite member of staff
- Letter to a child – pop into the Student Centre to write a letter to a less fortunate child and put a smile on their face, through the organisation Post Pals
- SportBU Membership* – buy a £5 10-day membership for a friend!
* Donations will go to local charity, Dorset Rape Crisis Support Centre.