Your online careers support resource, MyCareerHub, has undergone an update and the landing page has been refreshed, making it more interactive and easier to navigate the site and access resources and information you need.
The change was instigated as a result of feedback the careers team have collated over the past year from various sources including SUBU reps, SUBU's SimOn tool, visitors to the careers office and information gathered throughout the 'feedback fortnight' run by the team each semester.
This change means that information is now more accessible, more accurate, includes up-to-date news and easier to find. Popular resources are still available, including access to booking appointments, jobs, placements and careers events. You'll also find a range of new resources and tools including videos from employers, a CV builder, assessment centre and a cover letter builder, plus the following functionality:
- Personalised landing page
- Easy to navigate panels on the front landing page to help you through your career journey
- Latest recruitment news posted daily
- Job search support including access to job vacancy databases
- Appointment booking system for confidential and drop-in careers advice
- Events booking system for on-campus job application workshops, employer presentations etc
- Access to 14 career assessment tools
- Personal development planner
- Mock interview tool
- Industry reports
- Employer advice videos
- 700 career e-learning resources
- Global job search engine
- CV and cover letter advice.
Access MyCareerHub now and have a look around the site!
For support planning your career, you can access MyCareerHub at any time, book an appointment with a Careers Advisor (available by telephone, Skype and face-to-face) or pop in to see the team in the Careers Centre (previously called The Edge) next to the library on the Talbot Campus.