Take back control of your use of social media each day and catch up at a time that suits you.
Instant technology has become an integral part of our lives with lots of us regularly using multiple social media platforms for lengthy periods each and every day, often relying on it as our main source of information.
It has become the norm to communicate through social media rather than face-to-face or on the telephone. But, it’s important to be mindful of the impact this can have on our health and wellbeing and how maintaining a balance between the two can be a really positive choice.
At BU we're encouraging students to take a conscious break from social media each day with our Benefits of Balance. This will help you reflect on when you use it most, for how long and how it makes you feel. Try one or more of the following:
1. Cold Turkey: Take a complete break from all personal social media accounts
2. Night Owl: Take a break in the evening after 6pm
3. Sleeping Dog: Take a break in the bedroom
4. Social Butterfly: Take a break at social events – live in the moment!
5. Busy Bee: Take a break at work or study.
Taking back control of your use of social media may be difficult to begin with, so read our Benefits of Balance - social media support tips to get you started.