Ten years of innovative, interactive, immersive ‘writing’!
Bournemouth University in association with if:book UK announces the tenth annual New Media Writing Prize, now open for entries.
This international competition encourages writers to showcase their skills. It also aims to provoke discussion and raise awareness of new-media storytelling.
The prizes are:
- The if:book New Media Writing Prize: £1000 donated by if:book UK
- The Unicorn Student Prize: £750 donated by Unicorn Training, Bournemouth
- The Dot Award: £500 to develop a new project. Donated by if:book UK.
- The Future Digital Journalism Award: £750 for the winner
- NEW! The Skylab Innovation Award for the best piece made using the Genarrator writing platform: £500 donated by Skylab and Bournemouth University.
The judging panels are looking for great storytelling written specifically for delivery and reading/viewing on a PC or Mac, or a hand-held device such as a tablet or mobile phone. It could be a short story, novel, documentary, or poem, using words, images, film, or animation, game elements, with audience interactivity.
Whether you’re a student, a professional, or simply an enthusiast, anyone can apply. It's an international competition, open to all. Entries must be in English.
The deadline is Friday 22 November 2019, 12 noon GMT
Closing date for students is Friday 13 December 2019, 12 noon GMT.
Shortlisted entrants will be invited to the awards ceremony on 15 January 2020 where the winners will be announced. There will be substantial media coverage for the awards, and winners will be given full acknowledgement in all press releases and related material.
An esteemed panel of judges will select winning entries, which will be showcased at the Awards Ceremony at Bournemouth University in January 2020.
For full details on what we are looking for, and how to enter, please visit the New Media Writing Prize website.