The Department of Humanities and Law is excited to share details of the forthcoming Dorset History Day, a collaboration between BU and Dorset History Centre, to be held on Saturday 28 March at Executive Business Centre, Lansdowne Campus.
There will be a range of interesting speakers sharing their experiences of running projects and researching the history of Dorset. The topics of the talks will include:
- the archaeology of Poole Harbour
- contemporary histories and images of the islanders of Portland
- the treatment of mental health patients in the 19th century
- marking the centenary of the auction of Cerne Abbas village
- and the process of saving Dorset’s film and sound archives for future generations.
There's a full programme of speakers and guests, including BU's Chancellor Kate Adie. There will also be a variety of local history organisations displaying their recent work.
Tickets are £10 each and include a buffet lunch and refreshments, to book please head to Eventbrite.