The Concordat (pdf 372kb) provides a comprehensive national framework for good research conduct and its governance. BU is committed to creating an environment that promotes an understanding of responsible conduct through our culture, policies, training and research activities.
The Concordat outlines five commitments:
Maintaining the highest standards of research integrity
- Commitment 1: We are committed to upholding the highest standards of rigour and integrity in all aspects of research
- Commitment 2: We are commited to ensuring that research is conducted according to appropriate ethical, legal and professional frameworks, obligations and standards
Embedding a culture of research integrity
- Commitment 3: We are commited to supporting a research environment that is underpinned by a culture of integrity and based on good governance, best practice and support for the development of researchers.
Dealing with allegations of research misconduct
- Commitment 4: We are commitment to using transparent, timely, robust and fair processes to deal with allegations of research misconduct when they arise.
A commitment to strengthening research integrity
- Commitment 5: We are committed to working together to strengthen the integrity of research and to reviewing progress regularly and openly.