If you want to learn about another country’s language and culture, a summer school is a great option, giving you the opportunity to immerse yourself in a new way of life abroad.
Enhance your learning process by choosing one of the summer schools suggested below, or find your own. We encourage you to create your own opportunities - seeking out one that will suit your particular interests and needs.
Most of the international summer schools listed below have a tuition fee attached. However, there are some of our partner universities who waived the fee for our BU students. Please see the lists per world regions below.
Funding available for International Summer Programmes
If you decide to undertake an international summer programme you might be able to benefit from funding to contribute towards some of the costs of your activity:
- BU Turing Scheme funding is available to all BU students and recent graduates undertaking mobilities globally with a duration between 4 weeks and 12 months, between September and August
- If you would like to know more information about the Turing Scheme funding and the eligibility and quality assessment requirements, please visit the relevant web pages or email the team at: [email protected].
Opportunities around the world
Asia and Oceania
Africa and Middle East
For further advice
If you have any queries regarding international activities at BU, please email the Global Engagement Team at [email protected].
Want to drop-in?
Our drop-in sessions are every Monday (virtual/in-person) and Wednesday (in person) afternoons during term time. The sessions are open to all students wanting to find out about opportunities to study and work overseas during your degree and the funding available to support you:
- Mondays, 1pm - 5pm: Join us online via Microsoft Teams (MS Teams), search “BU Study and Work Overseas Drop-in” in MS Teams or access the session in MS Teams
- Mondays, 1pm - 3pm: Visit us in person in the Opportunity Hub, Bournemouth Gateway Building, Lansdowne Campus.
- Wednesdays, 1pm - 5pm: Visit us in person at The Careers Zone, in The Hub, Poole House, Talbot Campus.
- Outside term time – you can also arrange a meeting with the Global Engagement Team during vacations by emailing [email protected].
There are a number of external organisations which offer international summer school opportunities to students. Please be aware that all of the opportunities listed have been provided in good faith. BU is not responsible for the content of the websites or any of the activities these organisations are running. Students are responsible for any financial costs which participation may incur.