What's your BU future?
If you're caught up in the BU buzz, you might not feel ready to leave us just yet. So why not stay for a bit longer?
You're already on the way to a bright future, but you can make it even brighter with a Master's degree from BU. There are plenty of reasons to continue your journey with us, but here are just a few:
- Further enhance your career prospects by developing new skills and broadening your knowledge base
- Explore your chosen subject in more depth
- If it is a specific requirement in your chosen career
- For the intellectual and personal challenge
- Conversion courses are available if you'd like to change your subject.
However you want to build your future, we offer a range of full-time, part-time and distance learning courses to suit your lifestyle. Search our courses to explore your options.
If being in the lab or doing desk research is more your thing, explore our postgraduate research opportunities.
If you fancy taking a break from your studies, you can return to BU for further study at any time in the future.
A helping hand
Great news, the government are now offering postgraduate student loans up to a maximum value of £11,222 (non-means tested) for 2020/21 entry, paid directly to students over three instalments during the academic year.
If you're not sure you can afford further study, you might be interested to hear about the support available. BU graduates can benefit from:
- 20% off your tuition fee for being a BU graduate*
- Non-repayable scholarships from £1,500* when you achieve a 2:1 or above
Eligible postgraduate Doctoral students can now apply for a loan of up to £26,445 (2020/21 entry) to contribute to overall costs. Find out more.
There's no better way to explore further study than to attend a Postgraduate Open Day. You can meet with an academic, ask questions and find out about your options after graduation. Book your place now!
You can also speak to a Careers Advisor about postgraduate study, and whether it is the right option for you, by making an appointment via MyCareerHub.
Ready to apply?
Complete a Fast Track application form specifically for current students looking to study further. There's no need to make a separate application!
- Apply for a postgraduate taught qualification (including Master's by Research)
- Apply for a postgraduate research qualification
Although there are application deadlines for postgraduate research study, there is no formal deadline to apply for a taught qualification. However, we recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible. Some of our degrees have a January intake as well as September, giving you more flexibility over when you study.