Why study English at BU?
- Tailor your degree including options to study both creative or traditional units and discover the latest developments in digital media and new media storytelling.
- Showcase your writing to industry professionals through BU's annual Fresher Writing Prize and New Media Writing Prize competitions
- Put theory into practice during a four-week or 30-week placement with organisations such as Penguin Books, BBC, Pinewood Studios, Touch Press and the Football Foundation
- Develop a range of subject-specific and transferable skills which can open the door to an exciting range of career possibilities or further study
- Benefit from industry speakers sharing their writing experiences – previous guests include Downton Abbey creator Julian Fellowes and Stella Wisdom from the British Library
- This course received an impressive 96% satisfaction rating from our final year students.
For September 2022 entry: in order to take advantage of new approaches to learning and teaching, as well as developments in industry, to benefit our students we regularly review all of our courses. This course is currently going through this process and we will update this page in August 2021 to give you full information about what we will be offering once the review process has concluded.
Your degree, your choice
You’ll be able to choose from our list of units, picking a topic in each year that particularly appeals to you, and curating your own personal journey and skillset. If your passion is creative writing, you’ll get the chance to choose options related to this field, that give you a taste of what writing professionally would be like.
Explore campus life and student work
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time with a 4-week placement, or 4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement
All subjects considered