If you'd like an exciting career in the fast-paced world of journalism then this is the course for you. Develop the skills needed to work in a multi-disciplinary media environment including TV, radio, print and online journalism.
- Learn a range of skills from producing news broadcasts in our professional TV studios, designing magazines, filming TV news packages and interviewing members of the public as well as guests on a live radio show
- Learn from experienced professionals including senior industry guest speakers and our succesful alumni
- Study abroad for a semester at one of our partner universities in Canada, Czech Republic or the USA
- Publish news and features across our student platforms: BUzz, Nerve Media and The Rock independent newspaper
- Stand out from the crowd and graduate with an NCTJ Diploma in addition to your degree
- Take advantage of BU’s partnership with A.F.C. Bournemouth to cover premier league home games, attend pre-match press conferences and conduct interviews with the players at Vitality Stadium
- Make invaluable industry connections during a 30 week work placement with organisations such as national and regional media, the BCC and Sky Sports
All statistics shown throughout this page are taken from Unistats, Destination of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE), BU institutional data and Ipsos MORI (National Student Survey) unless otherwise stated.
Next start date:
September 2020, September 2021
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years including a 6 week placement, or 4 years including a minimum 30-week placement, full-time
Broadcast Journalism Training Council (BJTC), National Council for the Training of Journalists (NCTJ), The Professional Publishers Association (PPA)
All subjects considered