Why study BA (Hons) Multimedia Journalism at BU?
- Produce news broadcasts in our professional TV studios, design magazines, film TV news packages and interview members of the public as well as guests on live radio
- Take part in authentic news day activities in the community to reflect real industry practice and publish news and features across our student platforms
- Learn from experienced professionals and successful alumni. Previous speakers include Jon Snow (Channel 4), Jake Wallis Simons (Daily Mail Online), and Stephen Sackur (BBC HARDTalk)
- Take advantage of BU’s partnership with AFC Bournemouth to cover home games, attend pre-match conferences and conduct interviews at Vitality Stadium
- Make invaluable industry connections during a 30-week work placement with organisations such as national and regional media, the BCC and Sky Sports.
- BU is ranked amongst the top 10 best UK universities for journalism, publishing and PR (The best UK universities 2021 league table - The Guardian).
You’ll graduate with a degree accredited by three industry-recognised bodies – the National Council for Training of Journalists (NCTJ), the Broadcast Journalism Training Council (BJTC) and the Professional Publisher’s Association.
As an NCTJ accredited course, you’ll work towards the coveted NCTJ Level 5 Diploma in Journalism. This professional qualification can radically enhance your credibility and employability as a practising journalist. It also means you can graduate with this industry-respected hallmark of excellence.
Take a peek at life on this course
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time with a 4-week placement, or 4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement
Broadcast Journalism Training Council (BJTC), National Council for the Training of Journalists (NCTJ), The Professional Publishers Association (PPA)
All subjects considered