As a Marketing Communications student at BU, you will be introduced to the fundamentals of marketing communications practice in your first year of study, followed by the option to choose one of four pathways from year two – Marketing Communications, Marketing Communications with Advertising, Marketing Communications with Public Relations or Marketing Communications with Digital Media.
The Marketing Communications pathway will help you to become a professional with key knowledge and skills to be able to define new industry practice and benchmarks for excellence in the field. You’ll learn how to develop persuasive communications and campaigns that draw on advertising, digital marketing, PR and so on; using the marketing communications toolkit to best effect for clients or organisations.
- Gain a solid understanding of marketing communications concepts and practices, including analysis, planning, implementation and control
- Develop innovative and effective solutions to communication problems, addressing the needs of a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders
- Graduate industry ready from working on live briefs for unit assessments and learning from professionals in our masterclass series
- Gain Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) professional qualifications through the Graduate Gateway scheme during your studies, as well as exemptions towards a CIM Diploma in Professional Marketing after graduating
- Study abroad for a semester at one of our partner universities in Thailand, USA, Belgium, France or Turkey
- Put your skills to the test in The Pitch, the CIM’s nationwide competition and help organise the Mike Warne Event in your final year, the only student-organised event in the whole of the CIM’s national event programme, bringing together leaders in the industry
- Complete a work placement anywhere in the world, giving you the chance to make great career contacts and bolster your blossoming resume.
All statistics shown throughout this page are taken from Unistats, Destination of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE), BU institutional data and Ipsos MORI (National Student Survey) unless otherwise stated.
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
4 years (including a 30-week placement), full-time
All subjects considered
For September 2021 entry: UCAS 104 - 120 tariff points including a minimum of 2 A levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. For more information check out our full entry requirements.