Why study BA (Hons) Marketing Communications with Public Relations at BU?
- Hone your skills in strategic public relations management, crisis communication, influencer relations and event management.
- Equip yourself to enter a variety of potential careers based on your knowledge and expertise in managing stakeholder relationships and organisational reputation
- Work on live briefs set by industry for unit assessments and learn from professionals who deliver guest lectures and workshops every year
- Co-create academic and professional research with staff including consultancy projects for industry clients
- At the end of your first year you can choose which Marketing Communications course best suits you and your career interests
- Complete a work placement anywhere in the world, giving you the chance to put theory into practice, make great career contacts and bolster your blossoming CV.
Foundation year: We are currently developing a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree. This page will be updated with more information in April 2021. Please register your interest and we will email you when the foundation year option is open for applications.
BU is an Accredited Teaching Centre of the UK’s professional public relations industry body, the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR). Being accredited distinguishes our public relations degree in industry as leading in the field. This partnership gives you an opportunity to obtain a practice focused certificate in Public Relations during your time at BU.
BU is also a Strategic Partner of The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) – the world’s leading professional marketing body. Our partnership gives you the opportunity to gain professional qualifications through the CIM Graduate Gateway.
Take a glimpse at life on Talbot Campus
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
4 years (including a 30-week placement), full-time
Chartered Institute of Public Relations
All subjects considered
For September 2021 and September 2022 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. For more information check out our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
For September 2021 and September 2022 entry: If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with a minimum of 6.0 in writing and 5.5. in all other components, or equivalent. For more information, check out our international entry requirements.