Why study BA (Hons) Marketing Communications with Public Relations at BU?
- Hone your skills in strategic public relations management, crisis communication, influencer relations and event management
- Work on live briefs set by industry for unit assessments and learn from professionals who deliver guest lectures and workshops every year
- Co-create academic and professional research with staff including consultancy projects for industry clients
- At the end of your first year you can choose which Marketing Communications course best suits you and your career interests
- Complete a work placement anywhere in the world, giving you the chance to put theory into practice, make great career contacts and bolster your blossoming CV.
- Within fifteen months of completing the course, 96% of our students are in employment or further study.
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the media & communication skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree. If you apply to study the full degree and do not meet the academic entry requirements, our admissions team may consider your application for the Foundation Year and notify you accordingly.
Course review: in order to take advantage of new approaches to learning and teaching, as well as developments in industry to benefit our students we regularly review all of our courses. This course is currently going through this process and we will update this page to give you full information about what we will be offering once the review process has concluded. These changes will come into effect for all new students from September 2025. Applicants will be notified by our admissions team of any changes.
BU is an Accredited Teaching Centre of the UK’s professional public relations industry body, the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR). Being accredited distinguishes our public relations degree in industry as leading in the field. This partnership gives you an opportunity to obtain a practice focused certificate in public relations during your time at BU.
BU is also a Strategic Partner of The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) – the world’s leading professional marketing body. Our partnership gives you the opportunity to gain professional qualifications through the CIM Graduate Gateway.
Take a glimpse at life on Talbot Campus
Next start date:
September 2024, September 2025
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
4 years full-time including a 30-week placement. Foundation year: 5 years full-time including a 30-week placement
Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR), Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
All subjects considered
For September 2024 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information check out our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
For September 2024 entry: If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in all components of writing, speaking, listening and reading, or equivalent. For more information, check out our international entry requirements.