This pathway is part of our BA (Hons) Marketing Communications course. You will be introduced to the fundamentals of marketing communications practice in your first year of study, followed by the option to choose one of four pathways from year two; Marketing Communications, Marketing Communications with Digital Media, Marketing Communications with Public Relations, Marketing Communications with Advertising.
Digital media professionals work in organisations in every sector and industry, with a variety of roles and responsibilities. As a graduate of this course, you’ll have the knowledge to critically analyse existing practice and be innovative, strategic, and creative in your own practice. You'll understand the value of digital media in marketing communications and the range of applications, tools, strategies and techniques to engage and understand contemporary digital consumers.
This course will prepare you for work in digital businesses and job roles requiring expertise in digital media for marketing communications, including digital planner, social media lead, digital content manager, Social media marketing manager, SEO account manager, digital content director, and other relevant communications roles
- Discover contemporary and cutting-edge digital media practices and communications
- Gain specialist digital practice skills including, social media marketing, digital content creation, digital analytics and general innovation in the sector
- Get a head start in the industry from working on live briefs for unit assessments and learning from professionals in our masterclass series
- Gain Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) and Institute of Direct and Digital Marketing (IDM) professional qualifications during your studies, as well as exemptions towards a CIM Diploma in Professional Marketing after graduating
- Study abroad for a semester at one of our partner universities in Thailand, USA, Belgium, France or Turkey
- Put your skills to the test in The Pitch, the CIM’s nationwide competition where you'll be set a real-life marketing challenge by a leading global brand and pitch your ideas as a team in front of business professionals
- Help organise the Mike Warne Event in your final year of study, the only student-organised event in the whole of the CIM’s national event programme, bringing together leaders in the industry
- Complete a work placement anywhere in the world, giving you the chance to make great career contacts and bolster your blossoming resume.
All statistics shown throughout this page are taken from Unistats, Destination of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE), BU institutional data and Ipsos MORI (National Student Survey) unless otherwise stated.
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
4 years (including a 30-week placement), full-time
Institute of Data & Marketing
All subjects considered
For September 2021 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. For more information check out our full entry requirements.