This pathway is part of our BA (Hons) Marketing Communications course. You will be introduced to the fundamentals of marketing communications practice in your first year of study, followed by the option to choose one of four pathways from year two – Marketing Communications, Marketing Communications with Advertising, Marketing Communications with Public Relations or Marketing Communications with Digital Media.
The Marketing Communications with Advertising pathway has been designed to produce visionary marketing communications professionals with specific knowledge and skills in advertising, including branding, strategy, creative, research and analysis, media planning and general innovation in the sector. As a graduate, you'll be able to define new industry practice and benchmarks for excellence in your field. The course will provide you with the knowledge and expertise to work in a variety of job roles in advertising, marketing communications, digital media, brand management, and media planning, in creative, strategic and management roles.
- Gain a second-to-none understanding of the strategy, development and planning of advertising in conjunction with other marketing activities
- Learn how to develop strategic responses to advertising and marketing communications problems
- Graduate industry ready from working on live briefs for unit assessments and learning from professionals in our masterclass series
- Gain Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) and Institute of Practitioners in Advertising (IPA) professional qualifications during your studies, as well as exemptions towards a CIM Diploma in Professional Marketing after graduating
- Study abroad for a semester at one of our partner universities in Thailand, USA, Belgium, France or Turkey
- Put your skills to the test by entering a range of student competitions including The Pitch, D&AD New Blood awards and Edcom AdVenture
- Help organise the Mike Warne Event in your final year of study, the only student-organised event in the whole of the CIM's national event programme, bringing together leaders in the industry
- Complete a work placement anywhere in the world, giving you the chance to make great career contacts and bolster your blossoming resume.
All statistics shown throughout this page are taken from Unistats, Destination of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE), BU institutional data and Ipsos MORI (National Student Survey) unless otherwise stated.
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
4 years (including a 30-week placement) full-time
All subjects considered.
For September 2021 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. For more information check out our full entry requirements.