Why study BA (Hons) Multimedia Sports Journalism at BU?
- Take part in authentic news days and provide extensive coverage of local sports including AFC Bournemouth and other clubs
- Graduate equipped to become a sports and convergence specialist and trained to be agile enough to respond to new technologies and consumer/audience behaviours
- Showcase your sports journalism to the public via our online platform BUzz, BU’s campus radio station, Nerve magazine and your own social media channels and websites
- Make invaluable industry connections during a four- or 30-week placement with national and regional media organisations
- Learn from experienced professionals including senior industry guest speakers and our successful alumni
- BU is ranked amongst the top 10 best UK universities for journalism, publishing and PR (The best UK universities 2021 league table - The Guardian).
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the media & communication skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree.
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time with a 4-week placement, or 4 years full-time with a 30-week placement. Foundation year: 4 years full-time with a 4-week placement or 5 years full-time with a 30-week placement
National Council for the Training of Journalists (NCTJ). We are currently applying for accreditation from Broadcast Journalism Training Council (BJTC), and The Professional Publishers Association (PPA)
International entry requirements:
For September 2021 and September 2022 entry: If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in writing and 6.0 in all other components, or equivalent. For more information, check out our international entry requirements.