Why study BSc (Hons) Archaeological, Anthropological and Forensic Sciences at BU?
- This highly employable sciences degree bridges the gap between science and humanities, preparing you for a wide range of fascinating career opportunities in archaeology, anthropology, forensic investigation and other applied sciences
- Receive theoretical and practical learning across the human investigative sciences of crime scene investigation, archaeological and anthropological theory and scientific problem solving
- Attend BU’s archaeological field school to participate fully in a large-scale excavation, where our students have discovered significant finds, changing the way we view the past
- Build a strong portfolio of transferable skills and, in second and third year, select a combination of units of study based on your own personal interests and career ambitions.
- Undertake hands-on practical work in our state-of-the-art laboratories, all delivered by leading academics
- Complete a five or a 30-week placement to apply skills developed as well as build a network of professional contacts and a strong CV, enhancing your career prospects. 90% of our graduates are either working or studying fifteen months after graduating
This course is among the first to receive joint accreditation from the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists (CIfA), the leading professional body representing archaeologists working in the UK and overseas, and the University Archaeology UK group (UAUK). It is also recognised by the Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences.
See our fieldwork, facilities and placements in the videos below
Next start date:
September 2023, September 2024
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years with a 5-week placement, or 4 years with a minimum 30-week placement
Chartered Institute for Archaeologists (CIfA), working in partnership with University Archaeology UK. Recognised by The Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences
All subjects considered
For September 2023 and September 2024 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. For more information check out our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
For September 2023 and September 2024 entry: If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with a minimum of 6.0 in either reading or writing and 5.5 in all other components, or equivalent. For more information check out our international entry requirements.