Why study BSc (Hons) Cyber Security Management at BU?
- Explore the evolving threat landscape and gain applied skills in building and managing secure systems
- Learn the fundamental concepts of psychology, business, law, and management that relate to cyber security in technology
- Become a strategic thinker and be a step ahead of the hackers – understanding the threats and implementing the solutions to combat them
- Gain valuable work experience on your placement if you choose to take one
- You’ll be qualified to work in the security and/or forensic industry in roles such as forensics consultant, security advisor, information security analyst, or cybersecurity analyst
- You’ll be career-ready with 95% of our graduates in employment after 15 months.
Foundation Year: We have a Foundation Year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the technical skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the Foundation Year, you will progress to the full degree.
Our cyber security lab is something special
Using state-of-the-art technology across our three labs, we can run up to 50 million PCs using just 50. From the labs, we can see where cyber attacks are happening all over the world, and what attacks are happening and being stopped at BU. Find out more about these facilities.
Accreditation by the Chartered Institute for IT (BCS) provides an indicator of quality and can help you work towards Chartered IT Professional status. You’ll have the chance to complete Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification courses during your degree.
Take a glimpse at student life on Talbot Campus
Next start date:
September 2023, September 2024
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement or 3 years full-time. You will be enrolled onto the 4-year degree, but can opt out of the placement year. Foundation year: 5 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement or 4 years full-time.
The Chartered Institute for IT (BCS)
All subjects considered
For September 2023 and September 2024 entry: 104-120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent qualifications. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information check out our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
For September 2023 and September 2024 entry: If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with minimum 5.5 in each component, or equivalent. For more information check out our international entry requirements.