Why study BSc (Hons) Psychology with Counselling at BU?
- Develop a well-rounded knowledge of all areas of psychology with a particular focus on reflective practice and person-centred communication skills
- Excellent communication skills and awareness of diversity are essential should you wish to go on to train as a Clinical Psychologist, counsellor, or work in other roles requiring these skills, such as sales and marketing
- Situated in the Department of Psychology, you’ll have access to state-of-the-art facilities, plus lectures from a range of professionals working in the field
- Work with world-leading researchers on projects through the Research Apprenticeship Scheme - many of our students have published work with members of the staff
- Opportunity to take an optional 4-week or 30-week placement in industry to give you essential real-world experience and begin building a network of professional contacts - 90% of our graduates are in employment or further education after 15 months.
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the scientific skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree.
This course is accredited by the British Psychological Society, so when you graduate with at least a Second Class Honours, you are eligible for Graduate Basis for Chartership, the first step towards becoming a Chartered Psychologist.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2022, September 2023
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time with optional 4-week placement, or 4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement. Foundation year: 4 years full-time with a 4-week placement or 5 years full-time with a 30-week minimum placement.
The British Psychological Society (BPS)
All subjects considered
For September 2022 and September 2023 entry: 112-128 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information check out our full entry requirements.