Why study BSc (Hons) Sports Therapy at BU?
- Placement experience throughout the course means you will gain relevant experience in real sports therapy settings from observation of clinicians to managing a caseload
- This course is accredited by the Society of Sports Therapists meaning that on successful completion of this course you will be eligible to apply for membership with them
- We have strong links with sports injury clinics, sports clubs and some of the biggest names in the sports industry to inform our teaching and provide placement opportunities
- Blending theoretical and practical elements – you'll learn how to assess and manage sports injuries, and provide specialist advice and treatments like sport and remedial massage and musculoskeletal interventions
- Lecturers are from a broad range of sporting and sports therapy backgrounds which is fed back into our teaching
- Get involved in our variety of sporting clubs and teams at BU.
This course is accredited by the Society of Sports Therapists who will provide insurance for 250 hours of practice. On successful completion of this course you will be eligible to apply for membership with them.
See more of the course
Next start date:
September 2022, September 2023
Bournemouth University, Lansdowne Campus and Talbot Campus
3 years full-time with a 4-week placement, or 4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement (both options require the completion of 200 hours supervised practice in your final year)
The Society of Sports Therapists
Biology, Human Biology, Applied Human Biology, Applied Science, Health Science, Health & Social Care, Physical Education, Sport, Sport and Exercise Science, or other sport-related subject.
For September 2022 and September 2023 entry: 128 - 144 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A - levels or equivalent including 40 points in a required subject. BTEC Extended Diploma: DDM. For more information check out our full entry requirements.